Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Awkward customers

Had one of me least favourite customers in recently. Notoriously unhelpful, gruff, middle-aged woman. Snappy, the whole nine-yards.

Marched in with her LTI book already open and throws it at the counter girl telling her "four boxes of test strips please". The counter girl recognised the patient and anticipating what was about to happen, looked at the page ( which had a Rx for test strips and lancets) and asked "Is that all, do you want anything else?"

The woman snapped back, "four boxes of test strips"

The book was brought into me and the counter girl told me (although I could hear everything anyway) that she just wanted four boxed of test strips. I also have dealt with this customer a lot and asked once again, as nicely as possible, "Is it just the test strips Mrs. Moan? Do you want the lancets as well?"

"Yes, four boxes of test strips"

I promptly dispensed, labelled, bagged up, printed out the reciept and got the counter girl to take it out to her. She grabbed the bag, spat her signature down on the reciept and marched out of the shop. Phew, I thought, that was painless.

Sure enough, 2 minutes later the same tyrant storms into the shop complaining that she hadn't gotten any lancets.

Where to start......

No comments:

Post a Comment